Post Page Advertisement [Top]

Went to JB for a day trip yesterday after my exams! Over the past few months, I have been in and out of JB with different groups of friends and my family. Been lazy to post things up here.


I think those who knows me and read my blog will know I have this love for Truly Asia. Maybe I can consider buying a property there when I grow older. Hehehehehe.

Here are some places I visited over the past few trips:




Johor Bahru City Square
108 Jalan Wong Ah Fook
Johor Bahru, Johor, Malaysia

This is the JB shopping mall that is closest to Singapore and I heard that it is very popular with Singaporeans. All you need to do is to hop on any bus bound for JB (I usually take 160/ 170 / 950) using the Woodlands Causeway and you can get there easily. It is just after the JB checkpoint and you can get there on feet. Love to go there for the OldTown White Coffee and PappaRich. There are many restaurants there including fast food joints. The mall is recently revamped and is a pretty nice place to spend the afternoon at.

Oh yah, not forgetting that I just got to try the Hui Lao Shan yesterday. Mango FTW!

Mango Feast!

Aeon Bukit Indah Shopping Centre
8 Jalan Indah 15/2, 81200 Johor Bahru, Malaysia
http://goo.gl/maps/LrVsj 

This shopping mall is further away from JB City Square. Thanks to Chris (http://huneyzworld.blogspot.sg/) and her hubby, I finally get to eat A&W! So for those who missed A&W in Singapore can just go to Aeon Bukit Indah to get your craving for A&W fixed. 

There are buses (such as Causeway Link) at Jurong East Interchange and Boon Lay Interchange to get you there. Besides the mall, if you want to pick up some groceries, you can do so at the nearby Giant and Tesco (Around 3 minutes drive). This mall is also closer to Legoland and Sanrio Hello Kitty Town. 



Aeon Tebrau City Shopping Centre

1 Jalan Desa Tebrau
Taman Desa Tebrau, Johor Bahru, Johor, Malaysia


A big shopping mall in Johor, this mall has a lot to offer like the other two malls. My favourite store here is the big Harris bookstore (and you can use your Popular bookstore card here for discounts!) on the first floor.

You can take a bus ride from the bus terminal at the JB checkpoint but it will stop along the highway. I usually take a cab ride there as it is considerably cheap and safely brings you to the entrance of the mall. A good thing about this mall is that Tesco is just opposite, but be extra careful when crossing the road in between them,

Oh yah, not forgetting the Bah Kut Teh I tried yesterday:

Shoon Huat Bak Kut Teh 顺发肉骨茶
236, Jalan Sutera 1, Taman Sentosa, 80150 Johor Bahru 

I don't really know how to get to this place, but my friend who is a Malaysian drove us to this place yesterday to have the Bah Kut Teh. Read from another blog  that this place is "an established favourite amongst locals and Singaporeans". Not very sure though but I like it for not being peppery unlike some that are served in Singapore. 

Ginger Chicken

Bah Kut Teh with mushrooms and meatballs added

Tau pok (Fried beancurd)

Preserved Vegetables

You Tiao (Fried Dough sticks)

That is all for my update. Hopefully I can find more places to eat in JB to document them here.

No comments:

Bottom Ad [Post Page]

Ads by Google
| Designed by Colorlib